Owning an eye-shadow palette is practical and minimizes makeup clutter. Many women are guilty
(I know I am!) of picking out the wrong one and the palette ends up in the garbage or just collecting dust. An eye shadow palette is a must have for anyone who wears make up on the regular.
Things to know…
- Find a palette with a wide range of colors you would use daily.
- It’s never a good idea to buy something just because it has one shade you love, chances are you can buy that color on it’s own…if you don’t see it, just ask someone at the counter, they’ll point ya in the right direction.
- Most useful eye-shadow palettes are nude and smokey. The nude ones should have a range of browns, taupe, beige, and champagne colors. A smokey palette should consist of black, a few gray shades, and a shimmery highlighter.
- It’s also smart to consider your eye color…something with purple if you have green eyes, teals or warm grays for brown, or copper and golds for blue eyes.
- I know having all those shades in front of you to choose from can be overwhelming, especially if your not so into makeup. But, DON’T PANIC! You’re not expected to use all shades at once. Mix it up play with different color combinations. Have fun with it! If your unsure about a bold shade mix it with a neutral and, keep in mind that shadows can also be used as eye liners!
- Lastly, if you end up not having any luck finding something that works for you, you can always make a palette! Mary Kay has a few different compacts you can customize. And Z Palette makes a palette that is totally customizable, you can even use eye shadows, blushes, etc. that you already have!
Do you have a “go-to” eye shadow palette? What are some things you consider when shopping?